Proven to reduce costs and improve yields
These accurate, long-lasting scribing tools provide a narrower scribe line to improve your scribe and break operations. DDK offers and entire range of standard diamond scribing tools.
All of Delaware Diamond Knives’ products are made in the USA with the finest materials, the most precise equipment, the highest level of craftsmanship, the most exhaustive testing program, and the strongest guarantee available. DDK engineers incorporated their intimate knowledge of diamond to develop a sophisticated edge generation process. Each tool in our line is precisely made with centered tables, collinear edges and accurate angles to dramatically reduce setup and changeover times.
Use our guide to select the tool that best fits your application.
DDK Diamond Tools fit into Dynatex, Loomis and other scribe and break machines for semiconducting wafer dicing. The scribe and break process is ideal for III-V compounds such as gallium arsenide, indium phosphide, silicon-germanium, ceramics, sapphire and silicon wafers.
- Optical Detectors
- Light Emitting Diodes(LEDs)
- Laser Diodes
UNIQUE PROPERTIES OF DDK DIAMOND TOOLS
- All diamonds used are gem-quality with pale yellow or better color. Raw diamond is free from inclusions and shows only minimal stress under cross-polarized light. Near-perfect dodecahedrons are chosen so that crystal structure is optimal.
- Selected diamonds are positioned during mounting for optimal orientation with the desired crystalline plane. This orientation allows us to polish facets in such a way, as to provide perfect edges and points with superb durability.
- Diamonds are mounted using a proprietary braze to magnetic shanks. The braze, in combination with the thermally stable shank materials used, insures a tight grip on the diamond during processing and use.
- Diamonds are sharpened using the finest diamond powder and most accurate lap spindles available. Angles are measured and facets ground with 0.1° precision to insure desired orientation.
- The edges and points of each cleaving diamond tool are inspected at 60x during manufacture and 400x afterwards to insure quality. Angles and dimensions are measured on an optical comparator at 50x. This data, traceable to each tool through its unique serial number, is available to help you with application testing or troubleshooting.
- Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed with our fiber optic cleaving diamond tools.